Training and Certification
We welcome to the program those interested in helping families
provide healthy nurturing environments for their children. The ACT Program
is a good fit for them. However, those interested in conducting the program
8-week sessions for parents and caregivers in their communities need to go
through our training and certification processes. They will become an ACT
How Can I Become an ACT Facilitator?
The ACT Facilitator is a professional coming from
fields such as psychology, social work, nursing, early childhood education,
among others, prepared and certified to facilitate the parenting program
groups using the program standardized curriculum, materials, processes, and
protocols and has completed all the requirements as determined by the APA
Violence Prevention Office. They also involve their organizations and get
their support to include the ACT program in their portfolio of activities
The training and certification of ACT Facilitators require that
- Have a minimum of an Associate Degree, but a Bachelor degree
- Have organizational support to implement the program in
- Have previous experience working with families and young
- Have previous knowledge about the program curriculum.
- Attend the 2-day training workshop.
- Conduct one 8-week parenting program group after the initial
- Tape or film one activity in Session 6 and send to the
director of the regional center where training was
- Complete the ACT Program Checklist and send it to the
regional center director.
Benefits for ACT Facilitators include…
- The program
regional centers offer CEs for workshop participants
- Access to evidence-based affordable program that is effective in helping
culturally and ethnically diverse families
- Opportunity for professional development
- Connection with a national and international network of thousands of
- Access to update top-notch science-based information, resources, tools
on parenting, child development, violence prevention, bullying, impact
of violence, etc.
Check the nationwide ACT
Workshop Schedule and/or ontact the ACT
regional center nearest you to sign up to attend the next ACT Facilitator