Monitor What Your Children Watch and Play With
- Follow the American Academy of Pediatrics’ recommendation and
don’t let your children under the age of 2 years watch TV.
- Limit the number of hours per day your children can spend with TV, video games, and computer.
- Allow TV and video games only after homework and family responsibilities are done.
- Keep TV, computer and video games out of bedrooms so you can supervise your children.
- Explain to your children which shows and games they can or cannot watch and play and the reasons for that.
- Watch TV or play video games with your children as much as possible.
- Tell your children to talk to you when they are scared, confused, or afraid about something they saw on TV or a movie.
- Avoid giving violent toys to your children or others.